Looking for an experienced Human Resources Director to ensure that all human resources (HR) operations are carried on smoothly and effectively. You will be responsible for developing HR strategies and providing sound advice to senior management on all related subjects. An HR Director must be an experienced professional with deep knowledge of all matters concerning HR departments. You should be able to manage programs and lead staff while also possessing a strong strategic mindset. The goal is to ensure that all HR needs of the company are being met and are aligned with all business objectives.
- Directs and manages the Human Resources Department's services and activities.
- Ensures that Workers Compensation, Health and Welfare, and benefit plans are up to date and competitive with outside similar agencies.
- Recommends new and cost-effective approaches to record keeping, regulations and compliance with licensing agencies, and servicing the employee population.
- Informs all staff of legality and appropriateness of on duty actions and conduct.
- Oversees the Human Resources staff and ensures that all functions are performed on a timely and efficient basis.
- Provides cross training of the HR staff in order to ensure the smooth functioning of the department.
- Stays current on all employment laws and regulations and ensures agency compliance.
- Creates Human Resources Department procedures and systems and ensures they are followed.
- Provides assistance to Administrators/Managers in resolving employee conflicts.
- Acts as a resource to Program/Department Managers/Supervisors regarding employment issues and problems.
- Develops and provides training to staff on Human Resources topics.
- Ensures employee personnel files are up-to-date, in compliance with all legal and contractual obligations, and maintained as confidential.
- Maintains and updates job descriptions as needed.
- Maintains and updates the Employee Handbook as needed.
- Maintains and upgrades the HR policies.
- Guides hiring, termination, and employee discipline throughout the organization.
- Attends and participates in mandatory training and in-services as required.
- Engages in strategic planning and management with the CEO and other Executive Team members.
- Works to promote and support diversity, inclusion, and equity at all levels in the organization